Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Basque Style Chicken

This was a great dish to use up some random leftovers I had in my fridge. I hate to waste food so I always try to find something to do with that last half of a red pepper and those few olives swimming around.








This recipe is simple but full of flavor. Lets gather up our ingredients!




I served the chicken over some brown rice. Sorry for the blurry shots in this post, still not 100% with this new camera.




I had some diced onion already in the fridge.




Canned tomatoes, every cooks best friend.




I used a 'little' garlic. I so love my garlic.




Some olives leftover from the Tuna Puttanesca. I gave those a quick chop.




I chopped up some red pepper as well.




Get the chicken browned in some oil. The chicken was from a grill pack and had some citrus seasoning on it already so that is why it is a little orange. Once it is browned remove it to a dutch oven and set it aside.




Add in the garlic and let it cook for a minute.




stir in the onions and the peppers and let those cook for just a couple of minutes while stirring.




Finally add in the tomatoes and olives and let those cook for just a couple of more minutes.




Pour the veggies over the chicken in a dutch oven or heavy pot and get the heat going on low. Put the lid on and simmer for about a half an hour.




See you soon chicken!




When your chicken is almost done get your rice down on a plate. Scoop out a chicken thigh and some of the sauce and you are ready to eat!




Simple, delicious and ready in no time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar